Ask Umbra knocks off Twinkies organically [VIDEO]
You’ve heard of knockoff purses, but have you ever heard of knockoff junk food? Michael Pollan’s book Food Rules encourages us to make our own junk food. Yep, eat all the junk food you want as long as you cook it yourself. Umbra takes junk food into her own hands and shows how to make homemade, mostly organic Twinkies. ’Cause if there’s going to be junk in your trunk, might as well be your own, homemade junk food. Watch this!
“Ask Umbra” is the first video series produced by GristTV. Look for new video tips for greening your life from Umbra nearly every week.
Watch it on the go! Subscribe to GristTV video podcasts via iTunes.
• Ask Umbra’s organic Twinkie recipe
• DIY Junk Food on Grist: Make your own Almond Joy
• Michael Pollan talks about Food Rules on Oprah
• New York Times interview with Pollan about his his new book Food Rules
• Ask Umbra’s Twinkie Recipe adapted from the great Twinkie recipe on Chow.com
• Get your own copy of Michael Pollan’s Food Rules
Get Grist in your inbox