Stephanie Mills on choosing whether or not to have children [VIDEO]
This is the latest in a series of Saturday GINK videos about population and reproduction (or a lack therof).
My GINK manifesto on being green and childfree kicked off with a quote from Stephanie Mills, who in 1969 publicly declared her intention not to have kids for environmental reasons. She stuck to it. Four decades later, she answers this question: “What advice do you give people who feel conflict about having children and living sustainably?”
Have a video on population or GINK thinking to recommend? Post a link in comments below.
Read more about population and the childfree option:
- The GINK manifesto: Say it loud: I’m childfree and I’m proud
- Childfree messages in Sex and the City 2 and Eat, Pray, Love
- Pundits criticize Elena Kagan for being childfree
- How green are the ‘childless by choice’?
- Women’s rights are the right way to approach the population issue
- Nearly a fifth of American women skip childbearing
- Want to join the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement?
- And still more about population
Donate now to support our work.