Running Out of Gas?
When watching the presidential and vice presidential debates, ever get the feeling the candidates aren’t really answering the questions? Especially when it comes to, ahem, climate and energy issues? Grist took to the streets to find everyday citizens (if you consider Grist employees everyday citizens) willing to ask the tough follow-up questions on issues from gas prices and green jobs to energy conservation and climate change. Check out what soundbites, er, thoughtful responses the candidates gave.
More Grist debate coverage:
- First presidential debate: Green issues largely sidelined
- Vice presidential debate: Candidates spar on energy and climate issues
- Second presidential debate: Obama and McCain asked directly about climate change
- Second presidential debate: Enviros cheer talk about climate and energy, but want more details
- Second presidential debate: A chat with Ingrid Jackson, whose question about climate change put candidates on the spot
Check out what the candidates’ advisers have to say about climate and energy: