How are you celebrating Darwin’s birthday? Here are our best ideas
It’s Darwin Day! That’s the day we celebrate Darwin’s birthday, the survival of the fittest, and the fact that the planet’s more than 6,000 years old. There’s an official list of ways to celebrate, but here’s what we suggest:
- make “primordial soup” or host a “phylum feast“
- reenact the Scopes Trial
- read The Origin of Species out loud
- have a wake for Lonesome George
- play pin the beak on the medium ground finch
- knit a giant recycled squid
- make fun of Tennessee
- pass a congressional resolution making Darwin Day official
Obviously, if possible, you should do all of those things. At the same time. And invite us over, please.
Events, International Darwin Day Foundation.