Put your economic stimulus stipend to green use
Psyched about the $300-$600 you may be receiving but worried about
what it really means for the state of our economy how you’ll be able to spend it all? Never fear: I’ve crunched some numbers and put together this list of 10 ways to spend your gov-given green.
- 1 down payment on a Tango electric car.
- 1.5 bicycles.
- 4.5 solar chargers.
- 11.25 bottles of organic vodka.
- 15 pairs of green knickers.
- 29 Inconvenient Truth DVDs.
- 44 copies of Wake Up and Smell the Planet: The Non-Pompous, Non-Preachy Grist Guide to Greening Your Day.
- 45 CFL bulbs.
- 90 reusable shopping bags.
- 450 $1 donations to your favorite nonprofit green news source.
Get Grist in your inbox