Become a Beacon in the Smog
Grist has a real and powerful impact, giving people the tools they need to make change. But we can’t do it without your help.
Become a member of our Beacon in the Smog program, a new annual giving group for Grist’s most generous donors. Your contribution will make a concrete difference not only to Grist, but also to the globe.
There are three simple ways to get involved:
1. Donate now to become a Beacon in the Smog by making a contribution at $1,000 or more.
2. Talk to a real human being right away: Contact Chris Marx by email or call 206.876.2020 x210.
3. Request more info:
Beacon in the Smog program levels and benefits
Be a Bulb Changer
- A monthly Beacon Update email that features the best of Grist from the previous month
- The latest witty, annual, exclusive (Beacon-only) Grist T-shirt
- An invitation to a Beacon in the Smog Soiree
- Listing in our annual report
Be an Incandescent Innovator
- All of “Bulb Changer,” plus …
- An opportunity to write a personal message in the Daily Grist email (birthday greeting, marriage
proposal, string theory formula, what have you)
Be a Solar Supplier
- All of “Incandescent Innovator,” plus …
- The opportunity to join a “Chip Trip” with Grist founder Chip Giller to an inspiring destination
These benefits are also offered to members who make a three-year pledge that totals $10,000 or more.
Can you be a Beacon Builder?
- All of “Solar Supplier,” plus …
- An exclusive evening of dining and discussion with Grist editors and key thought leaders working