Politico is reporting that Obama is planning to reject the Keystone XL pipeline this afternoon. Here’s a quick roundup of some reasons why that’s awesome:
- Keystone XL is a potential environmental disaster.
- Especially since it would go right through Earthquakeville.
- Rejecting it is not actually going to ruin Obama’s chances of reelection.
- We don’t want to let the oil and gas industry get away with this kind of corrupt bullcrap.
- The State Department already freakin’ SAID not to rush them. Do not make them turn this ship of state around!
Get Grist in your inbox