Politico is reporting that Obama is planning to reject the Keystone XL pipeline this afternoon. Here’s a quick roundup of some reasons why that’s awesome:
- Keystone XL is a potential environmental disaster.
- Especially since it would go right through Earthquakeville.
- Rejecting it is not actually going to ruin Obama’s chances of reelection.
- We don’t want to let the oil and gas industry get away with this kind of corrupt bullcrap.
- The State Department already freakin’ SAID not to rush them. Do not make them turn this ship of state around!
Keystone XL pipeline to be rejected by Obama administration, Politico.
Get Grist in your inbox