10 gross green bathroom questions you never knew you had
Editor’s note: Grist is celebrating the 10th anniversary of our Ask Umbra advice column. Today, we look behind at some of our favorite potty-related reader queries. Got an urgent question of your own? Go ahead, Ask Umbra.
10. Is it OK to pee in the shower? Sure, let it all hang out.
9. Should I pee in the ocean or behind the dunes? The answer just might sea-prise you.
8. Should I pee in my yard or next to the road? Advice for those wishing to go al fresco.
7. Is it OK to “let it mellow” in a public restroom? Um, gross.
6. Why is recycled toilet paper so scratchy? One word: fibers.
5. What uses more water, washing “pee rags” or making toilet paper? What is this “pee rag” you speak of?
4. Are feminine products compostable? Bloody well right — with a few caveats.
3. Should I throw my toilet paper away, or flush it? Find out where it all ends up.
2. How can I reduce the water used for flushing my toilet? Dip into this bowlful of tips.
1. Do composting toilets smell bad? No — give it a go.
Donate now to support our work.