Secretary Clinton will represent the U.S. at Earth Summit
From a report at The Hill:
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will lead the U.S. delegation at the upcoming United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development (dubbed Rio+20) in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, the State Department announced Tuesday.
EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson will act as alternate head of the delegation and Todd Stern, special envoy on climate change, will act as chief negotiator.
The press release from the State Department lists the following additional people as the American delegation:
- Ambassador Thomas A. Shannon, Jr., Ambassador of the United States to Brazil
- Nancy Sutley, Chair of the White House Council on Environmental Quality
- Kerri-Ann Jones, Assistant Secretary of State for Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs
- Ambassador Elizabeth Cousens, U.S. Representative to the UN Economic and Social Council
- Carlos Pascual, Special Envoy and Coordinator for International Energy Affairs, Department of State
- Reta Jo Lewis, Special Representative for Global Intergovernmental Affairs, Department of State
- Kris Balderston, Special Representative for Global Partnerships, Department of State
- Don Steinberg, Deputy Administrator, U.S. Agency for International Development
- Elizabeth L. Littlefield, President and CEO, Overseas Private Investment Corporation
Get Grist in your inbox