We’re so glad you asked! Here are five good reasons (there are lots more, but we know your time is precious):
- Sound smarter. Each day we report on the environmental stories that matter most, from climate change to food safety to the latest plastics scare. We break down complex issues, create handy cheat sheets, and point you to other resources — all to help you impress your friends and family.
- Laugh more. Sometimes it’s bad puns. Sometimes it’s goofy videos. Sometimes it’s an April Fools’ prank or a bit of doggerel on a random Tuesday. We consider it our job to crack you up, and we take this duty very, very seriously.
- Get benefits. A donation to Grist automatically makes you our Friend with Benefits. Perks include a cheeky FWB badge next to your avatar on the Grist site, a monthly newsletter giving you sneak peeks at upcoming content, and the opportunity to chat with Grist writers.
- Get inspired. Since 1999, Grist has been the one source devoted to reporting environmental news with clarity, candor, and humor. We aim to inspire understanding of and action on issues like climate change by drawing connections to daily life.
- Support a needy nonprofit. Believe it or not, environmental journalism is not the lucrative profession some make it out to be. We don’t get rich from this gig; we do it because we love it. Grist gets support from a variety of sources, and one of the most crucial is individual donors like you.
Dear reader, we are hardworking, honest folk. We will do good things with your money. Please, won’t you support Grist today?