Why restrict stuffing yourself like a Butterball to one day?
To be honest, leftovers are my favorite part of Thanksgiving. The real nightmare? Food waste! But there are only so many turkey sandwiches one can handle post-Thanksgiving, so let’s give that cold bird some new life with a few old Grist Thanksgiving-themed favorites.
Here are our tips for not having nightmares about fowl leftovers:
- Decipher the secret language of turkey labels.
- Take a gander at some turkey tips that would make Pavlov jealous.
- Turn those leftovers into turkey empanadas or cranberry bread. (Or mix the cranberries with vodka, we won’t judge.)
- Think there’s nothing more to wrangle from your turkey after it’s been relieved of all edible bits? Think again! It’s good for making gumbo.
- Ever wondered what it would be like to meet your turkey before putting it on the table? This video should clear the air.
Looking to cut down on meat?
- Check your guilt at the door by making pumpkin lasagna, a lentil walnut loaf, or root vegetable pie instead.
While you’re busy rescuing that turkey or scarfing that lentil loaf, don’t forget a little something for the climate-change deniers in your family.