Anything climate-related, Grist is on it. We cover climate science, politics, and health – and we’re paving the way on underreported topics like livable cities and environmental justice. Getting the facts is more important today than ever, but the truth is, we can’t do any of our work without support from people like you who care about seeing our planet survive the next century. Reader support keeps the ol’ Grist machine hummin’ along.
As a nonprofit news outlet, we rely on readers like you to keep our work free and accessible. At Grist, that means no paywall, no subscription, no nonsense. Become a member today to sustain our award-winning journalism.
WHY SUPPORT US?
Here are five good reasons why you should support our work (there are lots more, but we know your time is precious):
- Sharpen your (climate) street smarts. Every day we work tirelessly (thanks, caffeine!) to report on the environmental stories that matter most, from climate change to food safety to solutions driving us toward a future that doesn’t, well, suck. We break down complex issues, showcase the people creating a path to a better tomorrow, and keep you well-informed on the smog trying to halt the accelerated progress we need to see, like, now.
- Laugh a little along the way. We know climate change is a serious subject. Heck, we’ve been reporting on it for the past 20 years! So, we try to bring the humor in from time to time. Sometimes it’s bad puns. Sometimes it’s letting our personalities come out a little bit more in our videos. And other times it’s a dedicated email from our team loaded up with a heavy dose of humor because you might need a good belly laugh just as badly as we do (laugh snorts unite us all).
- Get access to some sweet Grist benefits. A donation to Grist automatically makes you a part of our membership program, a little something we put together to thank the individual donors supporting our work. Perks include a monthly newsletter curated by our editorial staff, free or early access to Grist events, and the opportunity to chat with Grist writers through our private Facebook group and online webinars.
- Feel inspired to take action. Since 1999, Grist has been the one source devoted to reporting environmental news with clarity, candor, and humor. We aim to inspire understanding of and action on issues like climate change by drawing connections to daily life.
- Enjoy that warm, fuzzy feeling and a free air-five from Grist. But seriously though? Grist is a nonprofit. We get support from a variety of sources, and one of the most crucial is individual donors like you. Your donation allows us to stay focused on what we do best: producing award-winning environmental journalism focused on solutions, equity, and empowerment.
Bottom line: We are hardworking, honest folk. We will only do good things with your money to help save our planet. Please, won’t you support Grist today? Future you will thank ya.
RATHER DONATE BY MAIL?
You can also send a good, old-fashioned check to:
1201 Western Ave Suite 410, Seattle, WA 98101 USA
STILL HAVE MEMBERSHIP QUESTIONS?
Check out our Donation FAQ or email us at email@example.com.