Here at Grist, our vision is a planet that doesn’t burn and a future that doesn’t suck. Our mission is to make the story of a better world so irresistible that you want it right now. We accomplish this through two programs – eye-opening, independent journalism and The Fix @grist, an unlikely network of leaders driving solutions to environmental challenges.
Delivering on these goals takes resources like time, money, and partnerships. We’re grateful for advertising and sponsorship support to reach and connect with more people. We also believe that funding should meet some basic criteria to preserve our editorial independence and the trust of our readers and members.
Here’s how we assess advertising and sponsorship support:
- We welcome advertising that is truthful, verifiable and ideally focused on solutions. Alternative facts, find another home, thank you.
- We believe our readers are discerning enough to evaluate the claims made by ads. They were discerning enough to find Grist, afterall.
- We partner with organizations for events and convenings that elevate and explore the issues we cover in our journalism.
- We recognize that the landscape of advertising, sponsorships and technology is constantly changing (Twitter and Facebook, let alone Snapchat and Twitch TV, have alas not been with us forever, fair millenials) and so will revisit these policies regularly and update as needed.
- We value our readers and members opinions and feedback. Let us know what you think.
At Grist, we appreciate the role that sponsors can play and we are excited to explore ways to collaborate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss!