For media inquiries, please contact us.
Cheddar — August 13, 2020
Experts Want to Start Naming Heatwaves Like Hurricanes, featuring Grist reporter Shannon Osaka as an expert.
Atlantic Media — August 11, 2020
Grist CEO Brady Piñero Walkinshaw headlines “The Idea” newsletter from Atlantic Media.
Columbia Journalism Review — July 23, 2020
Grist praised by CJR for “doing sterling work” on climate journalism.
Axios — June 2, 2020
Neiman Lab — June 2, 2020
NPR — November 4, 2019
What Are Coal Companies Leaving Behind In Texas? on NPR’s 1A with Grist writer Naveena Sadasivam.
CBS — May 12, 2019
Grist politics writer Zoya Teirstein appears on CBS to discuss the Green New Deal.
Fast Company — March 12, 2019
MSNBC — January 11, 2019
Grist’s coverage of youth climate strikes appears on MSNBC with Chris Hayes.
Awards and Accolades
- Winner of 2019 Folio Award for Best Essay/Criticism – Kate Yoder
- Winner of 2019 INN Best of Nonprofit News – Justine Calma
- Winner of 2018 Sigma Delta Chi Award from the Society for Professional Journalists for “Magazine Investigative Reporting (Regional/Local Circulation)”
- Winner of 2018 Folio Award for Best Consumer Website
- Winner of 2018 SEAL Award – Nathanael Johnson
- Winner of 2018 Society for Professional Journalists, Northwest Excellence in Journalism Awards, Best Column – Eve Andrews for Ask Umbra
- Winner of 2006 National Conservation Achievement Award from the National Wildlife Federation
- Winner of 2006 “Webby” People’s Voice Award for best online magazine
- Society of Environmental Journalists named Grist a finalist for outstanding online coverage in the 1st Annual Awards for Reporting on the Environment