Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations
Grist 2016 September Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations
No contribution/obligation necessary to win.
OFFICIAL RULES: Entrants must be legal residents of one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and at least 18 years old at time of entry to be eligible. Void outside the 50 United States and District of Columbia where prohibited by law. Only donors who give with U.S. mailing/billing addresses are eligible to win non-sweepstakes prizes. Employees of Grist Magazine, Inc. (“Grist”), its Board of Directors, prize suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouses, parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses) or individuals living in the households of the above are not eligible to enter.
- PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The “2016 September Sweepstakes” sweepstakes period for one (1) Blix Stockholm, Limited Edition electric bike ($2,390 Value), one (1) six-month Purple Carrot “Perfect Pair” plan subscription ($1,632 Value), and ten (10) Grist “Make America Green Again” hats ($8 Value) begins at 12:00:01 a.m. ET, September 12, 2016, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT September 26, 2016.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two ways to enter: a) Make a donation of at least $10 to Grist. Such donations can be made online at Grist.org or via Paypal, or by sending a check payable to “Grist” to: Grist, 1201 Western Ave., Suite 410, Seattle, WA 98101. b) Hand-print your name, address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, email address, day and evening phone numbers and the words “2016 September Sweeps” on a 3″ x 5” card and mail in a #10 envelope hand-printed to: “2016 September Sweeps,” c/o Grist, 1201 Western Ave., Suite 410, Seattle, WA 98101. Mailed entries must be postmarked no later than September 26, 2016 and received by October 3, 2016. Limit one entry per person. Multiple entries submitted in violation of the previous sentence may be void and entrant may be disqualified. Grist assumes no responsibility for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled or incompletely received for any reason or for any computer, online, telephone, or human error or technical malfunctions that may occur. All entries become the property of the Grist and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- WINNER SELECTION: One potential winner will be selected for each prize in a random drawing to be conducted on or about October 21, 2016. and will be notified by email. If potential winner is unreachable after five (5) business days, or if a winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner may be selected at random from all remaining eligible entries received. All decisions of the judges are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZES: One (1) Blix Stockholm, Limited Edition electric bicycle, one (1) six-month Purple Carrot “Perfect Pair” plan subscription, and ten (10) Grist “Make America Green Again” hats.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these official rules. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By entering, participants release and hold harmless Grist, its partners, and each of their directors, officers, employees, independent contractors, representatives, agents, or advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Releasees”) from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this or acceptance or use of any prize won. Entrants agree that the laws of the state of Washington will govern any and all disputes. Releasees are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes related materials. Prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made. All income and other taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner. No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent of prizes by winner. Grist reserves the right, at its discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value.
- INTERNET: If for any reason this sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Grist which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this sweepstakes, Grist reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the sweepstakes. Grist assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Grist is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Grist on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this sweepstakes.
- FACEBOOK: This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Facebook can not be held responsible for any part of the contest by contest entrants or participants.