Mother Jones editors admit that sometimes, maybe, readers might catch them “posting scary stories about how your consumer choices are ruining everything.” We do our fair share of this at Grist, as well, and so it is with particular glee that we share with you MoJo’s Eco-Doom Headline Generator, for all your climate apocalypse headline needs.
Our favorites so far:
- Did the Captain of Larry Ellison’s Yacht Once Harm This Tiny Baby Octopus?
- Will Chickens Give Your Kids Cancer?
- Did Eric Cantor Just Decimate the Everglades?
- Does Friending Your Exes Unfairly Malign Organic Tomatoes?
- Is TEDx Secretly Harming Newborn Babies?
We’ll let you in on a little secret: One of these is actually a real story! (Take a guess which one.)
There’s no way we can top these headlines, so we’ll just be over here, clicking away.
(P.S. Cancer chickens are real.)
- Does Costco Destroy Baby Manatees?, Mother Jones
Get Grist in your inbox