House Republicans’ transportation bill contains zero good policy
House Republicans are going to unveil their transportation bill today, and it is expected to have a ton of backwards ideas in it. These include:
- Spending more money on highways than anything else
- Encouraging private companies to expand highways and charge for the use of those lanes
- Funding highway work through oil and gas drilling revenues
- Shortening environmental review periods
- Allowing heavier (and therefore more deadly) trucks on interstates
- Cutting the tiny slice of funding that biking and pedestrian projects get
Whee! Buy a car now, since that is the future!! We hear that a 2005 Chrysler that Barack Obama once leased is going on eBay for a paltry $1 million.
House transportation bill would spend about $260B, The Associated Press.
Donate now to support our work.