2007: The year of climate change
It’s all happening
- Tons of action in Congress.
- Scientists have moved the Doomsday Clock forward on the basis of climate change.
- The upcoming Davos World Economic Forum is expected to be dominated by climate change. (Huffington Post will have detailed ongoing coverage.)
- The IPCC will release its latest report this year, in four parts: one on what we know about climate change (Feb.), one on adaptation (April), one on mitigation (May), and a final overview (November).
- The G8 will meet in June, and Tony Blair, who’s watched his legacy go down the shitter, is desperate to get some concrete agreements on climate change.
- Kyoto signatories will meet in early Dec. to try to hash out what happens after 2012, and how to get developing countries on board.
Drip, drip, drip …