An environmental dilemma
regarding the dispensation of pork
- Republicans control all three branches of government.
- Thus, pork goes disproportionately to Republican congressional districts.
- Republican congressional districts tend to be either rural or exurban.
- Rural pork is composed primarily of agricultural subsidies and exurban pork is generally car-friendly.
- Agricultural subsidies and car-friendly infrastructure development are environmentally destructive.
Whatever to do?
Update [2005-8-12 14:25:26 by Dave Roberts]: Oops. In reference to the above, I meant to point to this Nathan Newman post.