Gobs of green ideas for Mother’s Day
OK, it’s one thing to say Screw Earth Day, but there are some holidays you just don’t toy with. We know enough to leave Mother’s Day alone. You don’t have to pull this car over.
In honor of the day, we hereby present great green gift ideas for ma. Not that you still need a gift, what with having procured the perfect item several weeks ago. But, you know, just in case:
- Check out our exclusive Mother’s Day eco-gift guide, covering everything from totes to treats
- Find out why you should buy organic flowers (and really dig into the thorny side of the conventional flower industry)
- Eat up Umbra’s advice on chocolate (and take a tour of an organic, fair-trade chocolate factory)
If your shopping is done (or your gift is a great big hug), spent a little time with these mom-oriented stories from our archives (still soft as a baby’s bottom!):
- Why moms are a key green constituency
- Umbra’s advice on talking to your mother about conservation
- An interview with Mary Brune, founder of Making Our Milk Safe
- Brood Awakenings: A Grist special series on parenting and health that’s chock full of more essays and advice.
Happy Mother’s Day, all! Because we said so.