This is the latest in a series of Saturday GINK videos about population and reproduction (or a lack thereof).
In honor of the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement, which we recently profiled, here are two videos showing what would happen if we humans suddenly up and disappeared.
This first one, unfortunately, is narrated by an animated British body builder, but try to get past that:
This second video shows how your house would break down if completely abandoned. (Beware, homeowners: This could make you severely anxious about mold and termites.)
Both were inspired by Alan Weisman‘s 2007 book The World Without Us. For more, check out Weisman’s website and an exchange between Weisman and VHEMT advocate Les U. Knight.
Have a video on population or GINK thinking to recommend? Post a link in comments below.
Read more about population and the childfree option:
- The GINK manifesto: Say it loud: I’m childfree and I’m proud
- Childfree messages in Sex and the City 2 and Eat, Pray, Love
- Pundits criticize Elena Kagan for being childfree
- How green are the ‘childless by choice’?
- Women’s rights are the right way to approach the population issue
- Nearly a fifth of American women skip childbearing
- Want to join the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement?
- And still more about population