Climate & Energy
Here’s what Earth was like last time CO2 was this high
Last time there was this much CO2 in the atmosphere was 3 million years ago, in the Pliocene era. What can that tell us about what we're in for?
- The world will probably keep warming.
- Sea levels will probably keep rising.
- Ice sheets will probably keep melting.
- Saber-tooth tigers? NOT OUT OF THE QUESTION.
- Okay, probably out of the question.
- What was it like the last time CO2 levels were this high? , Skeptical Science