Sightline has a new report out: “Cap and Trade 101: A Climate Policy Primer.” It’s a plainspoken introduction that explains:
• The cap, the trade: How cap and trade works
• How to evaluate the efficiency, effectiveness, and fairness of a cap and trade system
• What about offsets?
• What happens to energy prices
• Carbon tax vs. cap and trade
• Auctioned vs. free pollution permits
• How to build in protections for working families
• Four ways to make sure cap and trade funds go to local economies
Summer’s over. Time to put the beach reading aside and start learning again!