Students worldwide weigh in
Google recently partnered with Global SchoolNet to invite teachers and students to use Google software in a project to brainstorm strategies for combating global warming. Children of all ages from more than 80 schools around the world participated. Here are their top 5 ideas:
- Include global warming/climate change in school curricula (as part of National Science Standards), so when the students are in charge they can make educated decisions.
- Increase availability of low-interest Energy Efficient Mortgages to support homeowners who increase the energy efficiency of their homes.
- Put light sensors in all office and school buildings so all lights go off when the rooms are empty.
- Require that all products contributing to global warming be marked with a specific color (e.g., chemical pesticides could be marked with a red sticker for being extremely dangerous to the environment).
- Use less paper; use the back of the paper to print on or write on; use recyled paper.
Read the next 45 ideas here.