Thanks to everyone who participated in the first Daily Grist Headline Battle Royale. There were 34 votes and the winning headline was my personal fave, “One King to Bring Them All and in the Darkness Bind Them,” which garnered 35% of the votes.
Here are this week’s nominees:
- Nobody Undoes It Like Sara Lee: Industry-backed bill would overthrow state food-labeling laws
- Beetle Bailiwick: Warmer B.C. ravaged by beetles, haunted by dead birds
- Bring in Da Illinois, Bring in Da Hunk: Obama speechifies for energy independence, chemical-plant security
- I Know You Are, Senator, But What Am I?: Pro-drilling Alaska rep aims to punish anti-drilling Washington senators
- Rumblings in the Bronx: A virtual walking tour of the South Bronx
Remember, if we can keep this going and gain some momentum (read: we need more than 34 votes), we could have ourselves a “Daily Grist Headline Deathmatch” at the end of the year.
Sorry, the poll you are seeking no longer exists. If you’re in a voting mood, suggest a poll and you might just see it on the site.