Sorry folks. As I had to leave early on Friday, I didn’t get a chance to post last week’s nominees. I thought one of my colleagues would pick up the ball, but they are obviously completely undependable.
As usual, before we get to the current list of nominees, our first order of business is to announce the winner of battle royale número cuatro … “Flame! I Wanna Log Forever” with 33% of 117(!) votes. Thanks to all the newbies who participated!
Now, here are this week’s nominees:
- Papua Goes After the Weasel: Indonesia to Freeport: Clean up mining operations or we’ll sue
- They Got Seoul But They’re Not Eco-Soldiers: South Korean Supreme Court rules in favor of eco-damaging seawall
- Do You CEO What I CEO?: American firms lag on addressing climate-change risks, study finds
- Freeport Your Mine, and Unrest Will Follow: Mining companies dig up trouble in Indonesia
- If At First You Don’t Succeed, Tritium Again: Illinois nuke-plant operator sued for tritium spills it tried to hide
For those of you paying attention, you may have discovered that each Daily Grist of the previous week is represented. I bring this up as choosing one from Tuesday was particularly difficult as they were all good. Kudos to my colleagues. While you may be unreliable, you sure can be witty.
Okay, voting time!
Sorry, the poll you are seeking no longer exists. If you’re in a voting mood, suggest a poll and you might just see it on the site.