The Daily Grist Headline Battle Royale: Match 6
Is it Monday again? It seems just like yesterday we were celebrating “Flame! I Wanna Log Forever’s” victory over “Silly Rabbit, Toxics Aren’t for Kids!”
So, let’s find out which witty headline won last week’s rumble … [drum roll] … and it’s “Freeport Your Mine, and Unrest Will Follow,” with 39% of the vote. Damn! I was hoping for “They Got Seoul But They’re Not Eco-Soldiers” — proof that these bouts are not rigged.
Moving on …
After I revealed that I normally choose one headline from each Daily Grist of a given week, I was informed that this just ain’t right. It was explained to me that the Grist headline-generating machine has its good and bad days. Apparently Monday of last week was a good day. Thus, each of the seven Daily Grist headlines from Monday, March 27, is up for contention.
So, here are the nominees:
- Tiiiiiime Is on Our Side, Yes It Is: Time cover story propels global warming into the mainstream
- Ebb and Fla.: An interview with Michael Grunwald about his new Everglades book
- Oh Say, Can You, Seattle?: Seattle commission unveils recommendations for meeting Kyoto goals
- Oceans Delve: Umbra on measuring ocean temperatures
- E-Waste Not, E-Want Not: Washington Gov. Gregoire signs far-reaching e-recycling law
- Garden of Edens: Jason Edens, rural solar advocate, InterActivates
- Bait and Switchgrass: New coal-powered ethanol plant a sign of things to come
Okay, voting time!
Sorry, the poll you are seeking no longer exists. If you’re in a voting mood, suggest a poll and you might just see it on the site.