Barack Obama and Joe Biden have launched a transition website to highlight their work and agenda as they count down to Inauguration Day. Here’s what they have to say about energy and the environment:
The Obama-Biden comprehensive New Energy for America plan will:
- Provide short-term relief to American families facing pain at the pump.
- Help create five million new jobs by strategically investing $150 billion over the next ten years to catalyze private efforts to build a clean energy future.
- Within 10 years save more oil than we currently import from the Middle East and Venezuela combined.
- Put 1 million Plug-In Hybrid cars — cars that can get up to 150 miles per gallon — on the road by 2015, cars that we will work to make sure are built here in America.
- Ensure 10 percent of our electricity comes from renewable sources by 2012, and 25 percent by 2025.
- Implement an economy-wide cap-and-trade program to reduce greenhouse gas emissions 80 percent by 2050.
This is pretty much what we heard about on the campaign trail — no big surprises here.
The Obama team is also inviting Americans to submit their own ideas on how to “solve the biggest challenges facing our country.”