• Greens are urging the British government to clamp down on airlines that fly “ghost flights” — long-haul flights with no passengers on board.
• The Maine lobster industry is seeking sustainable-seafood certification.
• Conservationist Richard Leakey has given qualified support for South Africa’s plan to manage its elephant population by killing some elephants.
• Tesla Motors has begun “regular production” of its electric-powered 2008 Roadster.
• Venture capitalists are getting excited about technology to make screens, from TV to iPod, both brighter and more efficient.