Guaranteed true, top to bottom!
- Prius sales will peak and begin a slow decline as consumers anticipate 2008 models from competitors that will have similar or better performance and therefore higher status.
- Electric hybrid bikes will become increasingly popular as a commuting tool thanks to improved battery technology.
- The SUV fad will continue to fade.
- The corn ethanol pyramid scheme will continue to play out based on the canard that the use of environmentally destructive biofuels is a necessary (but in theory, temporary) evil.
- Biofuel crops (primarily those used for biodiesel) will accelerate the loss of rainforests and other carbon sinks (and the biodiversity contained within them).
- More biofuel will be imported than in any previous year.
- More lifeforms will be declared extinct.
- The number of hungry people in the world will increase (as it did this year, by 4 million).
- Mustaches will return as an attractive and stylish fashion statement.
- Grist will kick some serious ass.
Happy New Year.