Obama’s 100-days energy agenda
I’ve been on the phone with top Obama aides all day, and the first 100 days of energy policy are coming into focus. Here’s what I’m told is on the way:
- Nationalize the oil, gas, and coal industries. And the grid.
- Ban meat.
- Impose mandatory federal four-day work week.
- Impose strict per-capita limits on driving — no more than three trips a week.
- Impose a 100 percent carbon tax on air travel.
- Mandatory nationwide lights-out at 10 p.m. Small reading lamps are exempt with the proper permits.
That is, in the words of one adviser, “a good start.”