I’ve been on the phone with top Obama aides all day, and the first 100 days of energy policy are coming into focus. Here’s what I’m told is on the way:
- Nationalize the oil, gas, and coal industries. And the grid.
- Ban meat.
- Impose mandatory federal four-day work week.
- Impose strict per-capita limits on driving — no more than three trips a week.
- Impose a 100 percent carbon tax on air travel.
- Mandatory nationwide lights-out at 10 p.m. Small reading lamps are exempt with the proper permits.
That is, in the words of one adviser, “a good start.”