Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is scheduled to accept the GOP vice presidential nomination tonight in St. Paul, Minn.
Grist readers know that the governor sports a colorful record on environmental issues. So, for all you greens who plan to watch the big speech tonight, here’s a way to keep score (and numb the pain):
Listen closely to Gov. Palin’s speech. If she mentions any of the following, drink the corresponding number of gulps of your favorite beverage.
- There are more polar bears now than 50 years ago.
- Drilling in ANWR (add another gulp for mention of an immediate effect on gas prices)
- Offshore drilling (add another gulp for mention of an immediate effect on gas prices)
- Alaska oil pipeline increased caribou herds
- Moose stew
- Bridge to nowhere
- Windfall profits tax on oil industry
- Standing up to “Big Oil”
- Mention of “God” and “oil” in same sentence.
- Expressing doubt about human contributions to global warming.
Other suggestions for the game? Chime in below.