The Senate’s Environment and Public Works Committee, chaired by Boxer, has been hearing from a wonk-studded cast of witnesses. Watch the final day of testimony via webcast on the comittee website, starting at 9:30 a.m. ET on Thursday, Oct. 29. A few names and highlights to keep an eye out for:
Expect a “rah-rah climate bill!” day, as the only scheduled speakers are all in favor of strong climate legislation.
- John Kerry will kick things off.
- Obama admin folks will chime in with their perspectives:
• Energy Secretary Steven Chu
• Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood
• Interior Secretary Ken Salazar
• EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson
• Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Chair Jon Wellinghoff
A hodgepodge of biz-group representatives, enviro leaders, think-tankers, and utility execs will speak on four panels: Jobs and Economic Opportunities, National Security, Utilities, and Adaptation.
- Dan Reicher, Google’s director of climate and energy initiatives, will be on the jobs panel.
- Former Republican Sen. John Warner — cosponsor of last year’s Lieberman-Warner climate bill — will join a number of military types on a “National Security” panel.
More biz types, green types, labor types, and think-tankers (from both the right and the left) will speak on panels about Moving to a Clean Energy Economy, Transportation, and Actions in Other Countries. Expect to hear some voices that aren’t very excited about strong climate action.
Follow all the action on our dedicated news page.