McCain’s statement on Lieberman-Warner said this:
… it appears that for now, the Senate, at the direction of the Majority Leader, will choose to put politics above policy, and Congress will fail to act yet again on this critical issue.
You cannot be serious! The people who put politics above policy were McCain’s fellow conservatives, who
- Forced 30 hours of pointless debate
- Forced a 9-hour reading of the bill
- Demagogued the gasoline and energy price issue over and over again
- Denied the reality of climate science
- Voted to block the bill from moving forward
That’s why Congress failed to act. And, of course, Bush said he would veto the bill anyway. Where or when did the straight talk express derail?